About Our Practice
Internal Medicine of East Providence was founded in 1987 as a multidisciplinary, hospital-based practice dedicated to the comprehensive care of women. Over the last 20 years we have evolved into a group of primary care practitioners with part-time subspecialists. Our goal is to provide excellent, comprehensive primary care for our patients with attention to the specific needs of the female patient. We strive to create a safe, comfortable environment that encourages both communication and education.
Men’s Health joined our office in 2010. The focus of men’s health is to identify, prevent, and treat conditions that are most common or specific to men including male sexual health, mental health and prostate issues.
All of our providers are trained in primary care and internal medicine and can provide care to both men and women.
Meet Our Team
Getting Ready for Your Visit
In order for us to provide the best care for you, it is very important that you bring the following items to your visit:
- Copy of your insurance card.
- List of medications you’re currently taking.
Patient Forms & Documentation
- Welcome Letter
- New Patient Packet
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Authorization to Release Medical Record Information
Formularios y Documentación del Paciente
- Carta de Bienvenida
- Consentimiento para Tratar y Registro del Paciente
- Notificación de Prácticas de Privacidad
- Autorización para Liberar Información de Registros Médicos
Prescription Refill Process
When calling for a prescription renewal, please know the name of the drug that you need and telephone number of the pharmacy where you fill your prescriptions. Please monitor your medication supply to avoid the need for prescription renewals on weekends or holidays. Refills should be requested during regular business hours. There are many medications that the on-call physicians cannot refill over the phone. We prefer 48 hours notice for refills. This allows us time to get your physician’s approval and the pharmacy time to fill the prescription.
After Hours Coverage
We have on-call physicians available for urgent issues after business hours.
- We have doctors on call 24 hours a day.
- We have same day appointments available Monday through Friday when you are sick.
- We have Saturday & Sunday appointments available when you are sick.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency please call 911 immediately.
The Brown Medicine Patient Center is accessible by car and public transportation.
To reach our location using public transportation please see the details below which have been furnished by RIPTA. If you have any questions regarding how to reach us via public transportation please contact RIPTA directly at 401-781-9400 or at www.ripta.com.
Originating from Kennedy Plaza in Providence:
- Board the 34 bus to Seekonk Square.
- Once at Seekonk Square, switch to the number 32 bus.
- The 32 bus will drop people off at the bus stop across the street from our facility.
- Additional directions can be found here.
If you’re driving to our location; please click on the map below for door-to-door directions to our office, we have plenty of free parking on site. For a detailed set of driving directions, please click here.