Brown Medicine is one of the largest nonprofit, academic, multi-specialty medical groups in Rhode Island with practice locations in Providence and the surrounding communities.
Brown Medicine’s mission to incorporate our expertise in patient care, teaching and research into “a greater good” provides heightened meaning and purpose to our work and sets us apart from all other primary care and internal medicine practices in the state of Rhode Island.
It is by embracing our tripartite mission that we provide a unique service to our patients, our colleagues and to the worldwide community. Brown Medicine’s commitment to knowledge and discovery places us at the forefront of medicine.
Our organizational values are embedded in our mission to:
- Provide compassionate, accessible, evidence-based, state-of-the-art, quality medical care to our patients
- Excel in research that leads to the improvement of healthcare and medical advances locally, nationally and internationally
- Focus our clinical expertise and scientific knowledge on teaching and mentoring the next generation of clinicians, educators and investigators
- Promote citizenship by providing care to underserved populations through global initiatives, volunteering in local agencies and serving in professional organizations
- Encourage the individual growth, health and professional accomplishments of all of our employees
- Maintain integral partnerships with members of our community (other academic groups, our hospitals, our medical school, individual practitioners and the community at large)
Brown Medicine physicians lead inpatient services at both Rhode Island and The Miriam Hospitals as well as the Veterans Administration Medical Center. Patient-centered, collaborative medicine is our priority and that translates into the highest-quality, most comprehensive care for all of our patients.
Brown Medicine is affiliated with The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and is a founding member of Brown Physicians, Inc. We employ most of the full-time faculty of Brown’s Department of Medicine and our physicians play a primary role in teaching, training and mentoring Brown medical students, residents and fellows.