The opportunity to travel internationally, participate in cultures around the world and meet new people can be exhilarating and exciting, but as with all great adventures, a little preparedness can go a long way. Taking the recommended precautions against infections and illness is the first step for safe travel. Many parts of the world still face epidemics and outbreaks of malaria, yellow fever and food borne hepatitis (hepatitis A) to name a few. A visit to the Brown Medicine Travel Clinic provides up-to-date medical advice, needed vaccines, and any necessary prescriptions before your travel plans take off.
We care for infants, children and adults. Our experienced clinical staff are faculty at the Alpert Medical School of Brown University and Board Certified Infectious Disease Specialists. Our physicians are on staff at The Miriam Hospital and Rhode Island Hospital. We provide comprehensive up-to-date travel advice including pre-travel health assessments, malaria prevention, prevention and treatment of traveler’s diarrhea, as well as all necessary vaccines. Travel during Covid can be an added challenge. Staff at our Travel Clinic will be able to provide you with up-to-date country specific recommendations on pre-travel testing.
The Brown Medicine Travel Clinic is an authorized Yellow Fever vaccination center by the Rhode Island Department of Health and provides an International Certificate of Vaccination.
Meet Our Team
Getting Ready for Your Visit
In order for us to provide the best care for you, it is very important that you bring the following items to your visit:
- Copy of your insurance card.
- List of medications you’re currently taking.
- List of destinations you’ll be traveling to.
- Vaccination/immunization records.
Patient Forms & Documentation
- Welcome Letter
- New Patient Packet
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Authorization to Release Medical Record Information
Formularios y Documentación del Paciente
- Carta de Bienvenida
- Consentimiento para Tratar y Registro del Paciente
- Notificación de Prácticas de Privacidad
- Autorización para Liberar Información de Registros Médicos
The Brown Medicine Patient Center is accessible by car and public transportation.
To reach our location using public transportation please see the details below which have been furnished by RIPTA. If you have any questions regarding how to reach us via public transportation please contact RIPTA directly at 401-781-9400 or at www.ripta.com.
Originating from Kennedy Plaza in Providence:
- Board the 34 bus to Seekonk Square.
- Once at Seekonk Square, switch to the number 32 bus.
- The 32 bus will drop people off at the bus stop across the street from our facility.
- Additional directions can be found here.
If you’re driving to our location; please click on the map below for door-to-door directions to our office, we have plenty of free parking on site. For a detailed set of driving directions, please click here.