Brown Medicine’s Division of Allergy & Clinical Immunology offers specialty treatment to help prevent, diagnose, manage, and treat allergic disease. Our highly trained staff is qualified to manage immune system disorders such as allergies, asthma, inherited immunodeficiency diseases, and autoimmune diseases.
Our staff diagnose and manage both common and more complex conditions, including some of these common allergic reactions:
- Insect stings
- Animal dander
Meet Our Team
Getting Ready for Your Visit
In order for us to provide the best care for you, it is very important that you bring the following items to your visit:
- Copy of your insurance card.
- List of medications you’re currently taking.
Patient Forms & Documentation
- Welcome Letter
- New Patient Packet
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Authorization to Release Medical Record Information
Formularios y Documentación del Paciente
- Carta de Bienvenida
- Consentimiento para Tratar y Registro del Paciente
- Notificación de Prácticas de Privacidad
- Autorización para Liberar Información de Registros Médicos
Prescription Refill Process
When calling for a prescription renewal, please know the name of the drug that you need and telephone number of the pharmacy where you fill your prescriptions. Please monitor you medication supply to avoid the need for prescription renewals on weekends or holidays. Refills should be requested during regular business hours, Monday through Friday. There are many medications that the on-call physicians cannot refill over the phone. We prefer 48 hours notice for refills. This allows us time to get your physician’s approval and the pharmacy time to fill the prescription.
After Hours Coverage
We have on-call physicians available for urgent issues after business hours.
- On call doctor available 24 hours/day – 7 days/week.
- After hours coverage for emergency services only.
- Non-emergent messages can be left with the office voice mail for the next business day.
The Brown Medicine Patient Center is accessible by car and public transportation.
To reach our location using public transportation please see the details below which have been furnished by RIPTA. If you have any questions regarding how to reach us via public transportation please contact RIPTA directly at 401-781-9400 or at www.ripta.com.
Originating from Kennedy Plaza in Providence:
- Board the 34 bus to Seekonk Square.
- Once at Seekonk Square, switch to the number 32 bus.
- The 32 bus will drop people off at the bus stop across the street from our facility.
- Additional directions can be found here.
If you’re driving to our location; please click on the map below for door-to-door directions to our office, we have plenty of free parking on site. For a detailed set of driving directions, please click here.